News:

Welcome to the liST! Before Posting,  READ the liST rules stickie post Here! This is a private, STOC-members-only forum. Your real name and STOC# must appear in all posts. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your profile being changed, your account being suspended and/or your posts being removed.

Main Menu

PIAA 910 Mount by Ken Robitaille ( ST1100 ) *

Started by KoTAOW, March 28, 2009, 12:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoTAOW

While cleaning out my desk, I came across some mechanical drawings for PIAA 910 mounts.  These were originally designed and drawn by Ken Robitaille ( RIP ), STOC #1962.

Ken shared with me these drawings back in March of 2001.  At the time, I had access to a complete machine shop at my former job.  For the cost of a case a beer, I convinced one of the machinists to crank out two sets of these mounts.  I had one set black powder coated and installed on my ST, the other set is somewhere in my garage.

These mounts hang below the mirror mounts, but use the PIAA mounting stud and nut.  With this mount, the mirror housings need cut-away.  Using the PIAA mounting stud gives you alignment in every direction.

I'm postings these drawings in hopes that somebody can use them.

Submitted by T. Melnik, STOC #346