News:

Welcome to the liST! Before Posting,  READ the liST rules stickie post Here! This is a private, STOC-members-only forum. Your real name and STOC# must appear in all posts. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your profile being changed, your account being suspended and/or your posts being removed.

Main Menu

Garmin Nuvi Mounting Photos ( ST1100 ) *

Started by KoTAOW, August 22, 2009, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoTAOW

Written by Chris Geiger, STOC 8007:

I recently became the owner of a gently used 1992 ST1100. Sweet bike and the previous owner took great care of it and was meticulous about maintenance and repairs (Thanks Dad!).  In getting the bike ready for the road one of the things I wanted was a GPS. After almost 4 years of service my previous Garmin Ique M4 had been giving me troubles so I started looking for a GPS that would work for both the motorcycle and the car. I would have liked to get the Zumo but the $600 price was a bit steep. I'd rather spend that money on some riding gear!

I found that Costco was selling a Nuvi 260W for just $150. It has all the GPS functions I need. It is easy to operate with my normal gloves. I found that RAM Mounts makes a very mount that cost only $18 with shipping. The part number is RAM-HOL-GA25U. Here are a few photos of the installation.

According to RAM, this mount works with the following units:

Garmin nuvi 200w
Garmin nuvi 205w
Garmin nuvi 250w
Garmin nuvi 255w
Garmin nuvi 260w
Garmin nuvi 265wt